on August 28, 2015
They call him Beast because he fights and f*cks like one. Because he’s built like the tanks he rode in Afghanistan.
Beneath Conrad "Beast" Beeston III’s fierce, intense gaze, his brooding temperament, his knuckles scarred from fighting, lurks a wild man, his strong, broad back darkly inked with his own hard truths.
He only has one mode, and “Beast” is it. He ripped through Tilly's life, tearing it to shreds, and then he was gone, giving a stiff middle finger to a life of entitlement. He left her like he leaves them all—with little more than a broken heart. But for Tilly, there was one more thing.
He left her with an unbearable secret she’s been forced to keep for years.
Tilly’s privileged life, after her recent graduation from Mt. Holyoke, has come to a screeching halt under tragic circumstances. Had she really believed she’d never see her Devil Dog stepbrother again?
Now he’s coming home—and she’s forced to face his cocky smirk and arrogant swagger, to look once again into the eyes of the monster who left her.
Forced to confront him, what she sees is a raw, broken, tortured man who just might be the only person she knows keeping even bigger secrets than she is.
DNF @ 10%
Going through my Amazon account I’ve noticed I had this book there, but it was never delivered to my Kindle. I didn’t remember buying it, nothing. Hope to God it was KU at least.
Anyways, so I started reading it now.
Here’s what I have so far:
- Tilly is still living with her mom after she graduated college, because her mom didn’t allow her to get her own place.
- Tilly’s stepbrother is a Marine and just came back from Afghanistan. He has nightmares. He doesn’t speak much, at least not with Tilly. She think he sees her as his annoying little spoiled baby sister.
- Tilly has a coffee at Starbucks with her bff. Sees her stepbrother coming through the parking lot, tries to hide in her chair, but he goes next door to a hardware store. He buys duct tape, zip ties, nylon rope and “some kind of dog chain or something.”. Do you smell the BDSM coming your way?
- He tries to get away from the parking lot, but Tilly jumps in his car and refuses to leave. He gives up and takes her to a warehouse, where he locks her in a sort of an office for hours. When he comes back she says “I’m going to tell my mother”.
- He says he’s going to punish her for disobeying him. He moves fast and puts her over his lap. Then he makes her count as he’s spanking her.
I don’t think BDSM is a subject to joke about. I also need a connection between my characters. Something.
Mr. Beast didn’t show any sign whatsoever of being attracted to his stepsister. So all of a sudden you spank her? 10% through the book?
No thanks. Definitely not for me.