Series: Rock Chick #4
on April 15, 2013
Also in this series: Rock Chick, Rock Chick Rescue, Rock Chick Redemption, Rock Chick Revenge, Rock Chick Reckoning, Rock Chick Regret, Rock Chick Revolution
Jules has got a score to settle against the drug dealers of Denver. Vance has made it his mission that Jules won’t get dead while dishing out vigilante justice. Jules doesn’t have time for romance, she’s too busy saving the world and she enlists Zip (the gunstore owner), Heavy (an ex-PI) and Frank (a mysterious recluse) to help.
The Rock Chicks of Fortnum’s Bookstore get involved to provide romantic advice and guidance, none of which Jules accepts at first. The Hot Bunch of Nightingale Investigations adopt Jules as one of their own. Even though Jules tries to hang on to her inner Head Crackin’ Mamma Jamma, the Rock Chicks; Hot Bunch; Jules’s long-suffering Uncle Nick; Jules’s friend the rotund, African-American, Jackie-O wannabe, May; and especially Vance will stop at nothing to wear her down.
But Jules makes some bad guys pretty angry and one is dedicated to taking her out. Vance and the Hot Bunch have to pull out all the stops to keep her alive. At the same time, Jules and Vance learn the true meaning of home but once they find this precious entity they’ve been searching for all their lives, will Jules’s enemies tear it away?
Also by this author: Mystery Man, Knight, Wild Man, Sweet Dreams, Lady Luck, Breathe, Law Man, Motorcycle Man, Jagged, Kaleidoscope, The Gamble, Rock Chick, Rock Chick Rescue, Rock Chick Redemption, Rock Chick Revenge, Rock Chick Reckoning, Rock Chick Regret, Rock Chick Revolution
Ladies, I didn’t think this series could get any better, but here we are with yet another KA masterpiece. The problem is that I’ve already stated reading the next book and that’s amazing too, but let’s keep our focus on this one first, right?
Here we go. This is the story of Vance & Jules. For the first time ever, I’m not in love with him, but with her.
Vance is another badass Nightingale guy, a Native American god, 100% alpha, possessive crazy man with a “shit-eating grin” on his gorgeous face.
Jules is The Law. A social worker that tries to keep kids off the streets, offering them a place to sleep, education and counseling at The Shelter. Once one of her boys dies from a drug overdose she starts a one-woman vigilante operation against the drug dealers in Denver.
This brings us to the point where Vance meets Jules, after she shot some slimeball’s car tires in the middle of the busiest boulevards of Denver, (fortunately for her) right in front of Fortnum’s, where Vance and the other guys were.
In case you missed it, I’m telling you now: these Denver boys don’t fuck around when they want something and they also find a way to have it as fast as you can blink. No woman has ever stood a chance of fighting it (nor did they really wanted to). Vance is no different than the others, so after the shooting thing he decides to protect her and also claim her as his woman.
I don’t know what shit you’re working through but I know it’s there. I know you’d rather not even acknowledge it and definitely don’t want me to be a part of the process. I don’t care. Princess, this is happening between you and me.”
“What, exactly, do you mean by ‘this’? You fucking me?” I snapped…
” Yeah. Me fucking you. In your bed, on your couch, in my bed and anywhere else I can think of. I’m gonna do you on your back, on your knees and you’re gonna ride me. And when I’ve exhausted you and you don’t have those fucking shields up, I’m gonna make you talk to me and tell me what this shit is about and then, maybe, I can help you with it.”
Here’s what I liked about this book:
1. Jules. Her commitment to the kids, her being fearless, strong “Head-Crackin’ Mamma Jamma”, determined, funny as hell and (view spoiler)
2. The story itself. Having a 26 year old fighting the drug dealers of Denver and not being afraid, that’s something else.
3. Laughing, crying and butterflies in my stomach all through from the first page to the last. Tons of emotions experienced while reading this book.
4. Vance making Jules’s “belly flutter breaking the Richter scale”. And mine, for that matter. Something about these uber alpha-males that can do that to a girl. 🙂 A man that is a straight-talker, calls things as they are and he’s not put off when you throw a bitchy attitude.
5. “The Rock Chick Welcome Wagon”. Every time someone new, like Jules, comes along, everyone is there to make them feel welcomed and part of the family. Imagine being “adopted” into a family of rock chicks, fighters, ex-cons, policemen, strippers, drug dealers, waitresses, bounty hunters, private investigators, gay couple and so on. I love how everyone is there for each other, no matter what or how long they know each other. This is truly an amazing part of this series.
As all of the other KA books, we have tons of action, shootings, kidnappings and also a little bit of romance all happening around amazing characters that you’ll love.
I’m telling you once again: don’t miss out on these books. You’ll regret it for the rest of your life. 🙂