Series: Manhattan #2
on May 31, 2018
Also by this author: Million Dollar Marriage
A brand new contemporary romance from New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author Katy Evans.
He's my most delicious secret. The hot Suit I had a one-night stand with one evening. I didn't know anything about him, not even his name. Only that we shared a taxi, and he was staying at the hotel where I worked. We met in room 301. Where he commanded not only my body but my soul. The next day he was gone and I only had a memory of him. I could still taste his kisses, feel his demanding touch. I searched for him for months. Daydreaming about him. Wondering if I'd ever find him. Until the day I find myself staring face to face with his jeweled black eyes again. He says lets keep it casual, and my heart knows that falling for this workaholic in a three-thousand-dollar suit is off the table. Because he has a secret. One that's a deal breaker for me. My Suit has a name. Ian Ford. And this is our story.
*This book is connected to Tycoon, but it can also be read as standalone.
Definitely not my style.
First of all, I’m not sure this is erotica or contemporary romance. There’s a lot of sex, but there’s also a little bit of a plot, even if it felt like it was on fast forward.
But the 1★ rating comes because of the whole relationship dynamic between MCs (and the others as well). I’ll try keeping this brief for you:
– airport. she need a taxi, he’s already got one, they share. first thing he says: “i want to have sex with you here”. Not hello, not what’s you name….
– he stays in the hotel she’s working as concierge. He calls her desk and tell her to come to his room without her underwear. She says “yes, sir”, they have sex and he says “that’s it, good bye”. STILL she doesn’t even know his name!!!!!!!
– she needs a roommate, places an ad, a girl calls, she agrees to let her in not knowing anything about her. Who does that? Anyways…. That girl turns out to be quite ok, but her relationship with her boyfriend is just as strange and fucked up as this one.
– back to the MCs: they meet again after some time, have sex again and he tells her he’s married, going through a divorce. 😐
– language. I’m all for the dirty talk, but calling the man you love “motherfucker”, “suit” and “Dirty Workaholic” for way too many times, doesn’t go well with me.
So, you see, i really didn’t like this book at all. I was about to give it 2★ because of the hot sex, but I’ve seen way better and besides sex I need to believe their story, to like the characters, to like anything else. There’s nothing to like here. 😔