Series: The Legal Briefs #1
5 Sunshine ★
Stanton, “I love you, you big, stupid idiot!”
Sorry, I had to say it.
“Most stories start at the beginning. But not this one. This one starts at the end.”
Jenny and Stanton in their senior year of high school in Sunshine, Mississippi. They’ve known each other since first grade and now, at only 17 they’re going to have a baby. They were each others first everything. First kiss, first love, first everything. There was a small problem. Stanton was going to study Law at Columbia and she wanted to attend nursing school at home, so you see, that was a problem. They never got married, but they thought their love will be forever.
10 years later we get to see Stanton as an associate fighting to become a partner, along with Sofia and Jake. Stanton and Sofia are friends with benefits. Both of them really stupid to believe something like this works. So when he receives an invitation to Jenny’s wedding, hell breaks loose. He is determined to stop it and save “his girl”. The problem is that he’s stupid enough to ask Sofia to come with him.
This is as far as i go with you. The rest is for you to find out. And trust me, it’s worth it.
Things i loved about this book:
– Sofia being smart and stupid.
– Stanton for being the most loveable asshole prick beautiful southerner. You’ll fall for his charm, but you’ll feel the need to smash his head a couple of times too.
– Emma Chase’s style of telling this story. The fact that it starts with the end and ends with the beginning. Brilliant!
– the fact that “raw emotion hits me square in the chest, like a Miley Cyrus swinging wrecking ball.”
– the hot sexy parts.
– again, all emotions checked on the list: laugh, cry and everything else.
– Nana, Jake, Presley and everyone else.
Oh, who am I kidding? I loved everything about this book!